Hi, Martin!

Thanks for your reply.

> The real MTA is not involved here. What's important is that "spamd  with
the
> low priority MX address active must see all the greylist changes for a
> higher priority MX host for the same domains, either by being synchro-
> nised with it, or by receiving the connections itself". (from the man
page).

Yes. But the man page does not say how SPAMD would behave if the real MTA
(high priority MX) is down. In such a situation, a remote host trying to
deliver a message to a given domain, will try the real MTA first (and
SPAMD will see this pass through). Since it is down, the host will next
try to make an SMTP connection to the low-pri MX address, which is
controlled by SPAMD, right?

This is what my question is about. How will SPAMD react to this connection?

Regards,

Jose

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?