Rod Whitworth wrote:
Reality check please.

I see quite a few attempts to access port 25 on boxes that don't have
externally listening smtpd. They show up in firewall logs.

It is a possibility to let spamd listen (as usual, redirected from 25
to 8025, or even on 25 itself) and feed the IP over to my real MX using
the spamd sync capability?

I think so but I may just need a cluebat if there is some reson not to.

I don't see a reason not to do it. I have 4 mail servers sync to each others and that works very well if you asked me.

The only thing really to be careful about when lots of spamd sync is use, or when you add lots of entry in it is the default limits in the table entry of pf.

I also have better results with unicast setup for the sync and you want to make sure to put a spamd.key as well in the setup.

Works very nicely for me.

Best

Daniel