Hey guys,

I have a pair of firewalls running fully patched OpenBSD 4.2. These are
DL140s and i have the optional quad gigabit ethernet card in them.

Now, whenever I use the GENERIC kernel, all is well. However, if I
switch to the GENERIC.MP kernel I lose connectivity and get em0:
watchdog timeout resetting messages.

According several messages I've read from Henning or Daniel in present and @pf list, there are not any benefits in run PF with MP kernels (and multi-processor boxes, of course). Even you can get a poor performance that uni-processor kernel/box.

Is a design question.

--
Thanks,
Jordi Espasa Clofent