> - Pen doesn't work at all. Windows say it's connected to the LPC chip
> mentioned above. Does this mean that I have to write a driver for it
> (and modify wscons framework to support touch strength, and then modify
> Xorg wscons driver, BTW removing usbtablet(4))? Looks like nice effort
> for me, but'll take a lot of time...

if it's like my x61 tablet, it's a serial wacom tablet and it's just
on a non-standard irq and address so you have to tell the kernel
where to probe for pccom0.

'config -e' your kernel, 'change pccom0', set the irq to 5 and port
to 0x200.

and it should attach pccom0.  you'll need the "linux" wacom driver
for xorg compiled without usb stuff:

http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/

> - Buttons near display (are actual in the tablet mode) do not work
> either. Windows says they're connected in parallel to pen device.

they were working fine for me on my x61.  they generate keycodes you
can see by running xev.  i made them send normal keys with xmodmap:

    ! little button that can only be pressed with the tip of the pen
    !keycode 198 =
    ! screen rotation key
    !keycode 204 =
    ! whatever that button is to the right of rotate
    !keycode 199 =

    keycode 203 = Escape

    ! d-pad arrows and center
    keycode 209 = Up
    keycode 206 = Left
    keycode 205 = Right
    keycode 207 = Down
    keycode 200 = Return

i eventually setup something to respond to keycode 204 and call a
script that ran 'xrandr' to rotate the display.

> - FireWire and finger scanner are not supported and do not work either.
> BTW, does anyone have any docs for the last one (see dmesg for more
> info)?

finger scanner is working, it's your ugen0 device.  fprint works
just fine with it:

http://reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Main_Page

i have more info on the x61 tablet at http://lowerca.se/laptops/