On 2008-04-27, Torsten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm setting up an embedded system from scratch with OpenBSD. The system
> is VERY much stripped down to the absolute necessary files only.

Then it's no longer OpenBSD which is the whole operating system,
the most you can say is it's using some parts from OpenBSD, so it's
not exactly on-topic here. You can do a lot more to track down the
problem yourself...

> The problem seems to be: "setusercontext failed for root"
> Why is this so

Some suggestions:

1. ktrace(1)/kdump(1)
2. gdb(1).
3. Compare one/both of the above with a working system.
4. Look at setusercontext(3), work out what might fail.