> > > I have been reading around the archives a bit and found a few
> > > references to using 4.3 to get the full performance out of a
> > > Transcend SSD but my results are showing that the drive is slower
> > > on all fronts.
> >
> > Do you mean, slower with 4.3 than previous versions, or slower than
> > spinning hard drive?
>
> SSD is currently a myth.  They aren't better faster greater etc.
> Maybe the next generation...

The advantages of SSD are that it is quieter, uses less power and
generates less heat than a conventional drive.  I don't believe anyone
promised that the drives would be *faster*, necessarily.  If you want
quiet and low power, and have no need of large capacity, then SSD is
fine...

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart [EMAIL PROTECTED], jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED], freenode:davee
All email from me is now digitally signed, http://www.sungate.co.uk/