On Thursday 05 June 2008 15.42.37 you wrote:
> On 2008-06-05, Per-Olov Sjvholm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I did an upgrade (read reinstall) last week on a Dell PE830 server from
> > OpenBSD 4.2 to 4.3. It is a 4.3 RELEASE std install, but a stable update
> > of kernel and userland from May 29.
> >
> > The sensors worked ok in 4.2. In 4.3 it looks like this where the sensor
> > info is null..
>
> They were probably from ipmi before, this was knocked out of
> GENERIC until bad interactions with acpi on some machine are fixed.
> See http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC
> r1.589.

Ahhhh, I see...

dmesg says..
ipmi at mainbus0 not configured
and..
adt0 at iic0 addr 0x2e: lm96000 rev 0x68

So the sensors show up but are unusable and shows zero? So I should not expect
these to be usable in 4.3 even with a stable update? Do I have to track the
cvs tree and go to current when fixed if I want these sensors?

Or fix the problem myself ;-)

Did not see any problem with them on 4.2. Are there any more info than what
can be seen on r1.589 of GENERIC? If they worked perfect on 4.2. Is it likely
they will cause trouble now on the same hardware? (I think of enabling this
in GENERIC)

Thanks
/Per-Olov

--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE