On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 04:30:12PM +0200, Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> Nick Holland schrieb:
> > So in short: no, you will probably not be seeing OpenOffice as part
> > of base.
> >
> Understood, but I wrote about functionality conciously: I would mean
> "ability to write a letter" rather than OO.org.

In the base install are vi and mg, both of which can be used to write
letters.

One of the things I like about OpenBSD is that the base install does not
come with a bunch of extra stuff to satisfy every possible use of a
computer. Out of the box it's functional at some level for almost any
use, and for networking/firewalling little or nothing needs to be added.
For desktop use it's a different story, and that's fine. Ever notice
that Ubuntu is now Ubuntu, Kubuntu, *buntu? So make separate distros to
represent basic user choices? Bah! With OpenBSD I install the OS and
then pkg_add what I want. I like that approach better. Besides, I'm
using the ion window manager and I can't find Ionbuntu.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/