Lars NoodC)n wrote:
Matt Bettinger wrote:
Yes.  I have a buddy who works with it and Cache`(Multi-Value DB I
believe) on VMS in Houston Medical Center. They manage their
prescriptions with it.  He also makes very good $$ but talk about
getting pigeon holed. There is a port Maverick on Freebsd , maybe
openbsd , that is U2 like.

-mb

If you want to go whole hog, you can grab the Vista source code and set
it up on OpenBSD:
        ftp://ftp.va.gov/Vista/Software/

A lot of centers use it, so pigeon-holed or not, there's good money.
(but since the original post mentioned VB whatnot, I suspect it was a
troll)

regards,
-Lars

Actually Cache is used extensively by a vertical market company called Epic. It is a major player in the medical industry. Lots of jobs around admining Epic systems on AIX, for those that swing that way.