If anyone has one of these CD drives:

"MATSHITA CR-574"
"SANYO CRD-256P"
"SANYO CRD-254P"
"SANYO CRD-S54P"
"CD-ROM  CDR-S1"
"CD-ROM  CDR-N16"

I'd very very interested in hearing about it. They represent the devices
that currently use a quirk (ADEV_NOCAPACITY) in the SCSI code. No device
using the quirk has been added since the July 20, 1999 import of this
code from NetBSD. It doesn't look like even NetBSD has added any such
device.

And the many subsequent changes to the SCSI code may very well have
dealt with whatever issue these devices were having.

So if anyone with such a device would step forward I'd love to send them
a diff to see if the device works without the ADEV_NOCAPACITY quirk.

Help shrink the kernel to make room for new drivers! Thanks.

.... Ken