Richard Daemon wrote:
I'm just curious, why run dhcpd on a carp interface? What's the reason
for wanting to do this?

If you point to the fact that since dhcpd is a service which from the client's point of view does not run on fixed ip address but rather so to say in a broadcast domain and when client shoots it's request broadcasting it it doesnt matter much by itself from what specific ip address the answer comes from, then it is also my understanding.

But my intent to run dhcpd on carp interface comes from indirect reason to not have corresponding physical interface an ip address configured to it. I did some testing and found out that if carp interface's physical interface doesnt have ip address configured then packets that left have carp's address as src address, otherwise they have physical interface's ip address as src. True, it aint hard to apply some pf and fix src addreses. But if i am not overlooking something here then it seems to me more straitforward to not configure ip address to physical interface and have src ip addresses set without need to mend them with pf.

Best regards,
Imre