Nathan Rickerby escreveu:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:16:08PM -0300, Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
>
>> Stuart Henderson escreveu:

>>> Some of the "set" options aren't directly passed to PF, they're
>>> just used in pfctl. Others are available from various modifiers to
>>> pfctl -s, e.g. for skip rules:
>>>
>>>              -s Interfaces  Show the list of interfaces and interface
>>> drivers
>>>                             available to PF.  When used together with -v, it
>>>                             additionally lists which interfaces have skip
>>>                             rules activated.  When used together with -vv,
>>> in-
>>>                             terface statistics are also shown.  -i can be
>>> used
>>>                             to select an interface or a group of interfaces.
>>>

>> Another RTFM thread. I think there should be more emphasis about how
>> good and complete openbsd doc is, on the download page of the site, to
>> avoid this kind of thread.
>>

> Good documentation is truly an asset to a project, as is a supportive
> community.  Help offered by that community is usually appreciated
> regardless of whether or not everyone thinks it should have been
> provided.  Discussion leads to education and questions can trigger
> improvements.
>
> I believe the original question is valid.  I've read the manual and I
> don't think the answer is obvious - if it is, please excuse me.
>
> Yes the manual tells you how to query the timeouts, skipped interfaces
> and other things but it doesn't clearly state how you can query the
> current block policy, state policy or optimization settings for example.
> The question does not deserve being labelled the beginning of another
> RTFM thread.
>
> Nathan Rickerby

I know, i overreacted. I already apologized bot in list and off it. But
i think this discussion about RTFM threads and about the docs, should be
carried a little longer. The majority of the threads in the list are
RTFM threads or even read the mail list archives. Or even google it
threads. But i think this is the purpose of the list, for people to make
questions and be answered. It's just that i become a little upset when
people just don't make their homework.

My regards,

--
Giancarlo Razzolini