Hi misc,

my ISP is kind enough to provide native IPv6 access, so I'd like to
have a full-IPv6 intranet.
IPv6 addresses are assigned with rtadv and IPv4 with DHCP

The setup :

curry: OpenBSD-current, Thinkpad x41.
  /etc/hostname.bge0:
    up

  /etc/hostname.vlan0:
    vlan 0 vlandev bge0 up
    rtsol

  /etc/hostname.vlan1:
    vlan 1 vlandev bge0 up
    dhcp NONE NONE NONE

debruijn: OpenBSD-4.3, Sun Ultra 1.
  /etc/hostname.le0:
    dhcp NONE NONE NONE
    up
    rtsol

  /etc/hostname.hme0
    lladdr 08:00:20:68:54:b1 up  #by default hme0's ll@ equals le0's ll@

  /etc/hostname.vlan0
    vlan 0 vlandev hme0 up

  /etc/hostname.vlan1
    inet 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.255 vlan 1 vlandev hme0 up

  /etc/bridgename.bridge0
    add le0
    add vlan0
    up

(plus nat on le0 inet from !(le0) -> (le0))

      [Teh Intartubz]
             !
             !
             !
+-------------------------+
|           le0           |
|     +------+            |
|  bridge0                |
|     !                   |
|   vlan0         vlan1   |
|     +------+------+     |
|           hme0          |
+-------------------------+
             !
             !
             !
       [my network]

If it's not clear enough, vlan 0 is for IPv6 and vlan 1 for IPv4, so I
can bridge vlan0 and le0.

debruijn boots cleanly, gets all its adresses and routes, both v6 and v4.
curry boots cleanly, gets all its addresses and routes, both v6 and v4

then :
1) from curry, I try to ping6 debruijn, but it says host unreachable
2) from debruijn, I try to ping6 curry, and it works.
3) from curry, I try to ping6 debruijn, and it works.

I tcpdump'ed hme0, vlan0 and bridge0 during curry boot, and the
packets flow through all 3, showing DHCP on vlan1 and rtadv on vlan0 +
bridge0.
During the pings, not a single packet goes through bridge0 or vlan0,
but I've a lot of ICMPv6 neighbor sol on hme0 from curry during 1),
then a successful neighbor sol - neighbor adv from debruijn to curry
followed by echo requests and replies on hme0 during 2), then the same
pattern from curry to debruijn on hme0 during 3).

I really can't see what's wrong with my setup, clues anyone ?

--
Vincent Gross

"So, the essence of XML is this: the problem it solves is not hard, and
it does not solve the problem well." -- Jerome Simeon & Phil Wadler