[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'll be looking for that day wherein those Cisco guys can boost no more
that they are the only ones in the planet that has the MPLS skills. Whew,
maybe somebody knows where to start on how to add this MPLS feature so as
to answer the question like "where do I begin?"

You're top-posting.

For the MPLS, you have basically two parts - data plane, which is
encapsulation of the frames or cells, and the control plane, which
is exchanging VPNv4/VPNv6 information between multiprotocol speaking
BGP routers (usually - PEs/LERs in MPLS nomenclature).

Quick look at google shows a lot of places where existing MPLS code
can be found[1]. But as usual - maybe it's not the best of breed, or
even not complete.

The MPLS as itself is not Cisco domain, but it was invented by Cisco
as "tag switching"[2] back in the days where nobody believed it will be
needed. It was back in 1997.

So, as Claudio said - go for it, if You think you can do better.

[1]. http://www.mplsrc.com/vendor.shtml being one of them, with
     old ayame project as well for NetBSD

[2]. http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2105

--
"Don't expect me to cry for all the     |               #ukasz Bromirski
 reasons you had to die" -- Kurt Cobain |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net