Harald Dunkel wrote:
Ariane van der Steldt wrote:

Your best bet is to replace the disk. 30 minutes wait time seems a bit
odd though. I have a similar situation where one disk is having
problems, requiring the disk to restart, but that only takes approx. a
minute. You can mark the disk as bad and replace it before the other
disk fails I guess (after all, there's not much point in relying on a
faulty disk).

The problem is not replacing the disk, but how to avoid
30 minutes downtime due to some low level kernel routine
getting stuck.

Regards

Harri

Presumably this was after a reboot? If so, the trick is to move the 'raidctl -P all' line from /etc/rc to /etc/rc.local and add a '&' so it runs as a background process.

Regards

Noth