On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Duncan Patton a Campbell <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 10:46:40 +0100
> Conor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Are there any RFID readers supported by OpenBSD?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Conor.
> >

> This:
>
> http://www.openpcd.org/
>
> claims to be an open design with GPL'd drivers,
>
> but this
>

> http://www.motorola.com/business/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=1722e90e3ae95110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD
>
> should be fairly trivial to make work with OBSD, despite being a Windoze CE
> box as
> it has numerous open interfaces and claims to talk to SAP and IBM stuff ...
>
> The question of being "supported" is misleading as most of these devices
> will
> be designed to operate using standard industrial interfaces.
>
> Dhu

Thanks Duncan,

The OpenPCD is what I was hoping would work with OBSD, I just don't have
access to the hardware yet to try it. On a FreeBSD host most of these just
appear with ugen0 and thats about as far as it will go. I'll look into the
Motorola but I'm not willing to committ to buying something that isn't going
to work, however the same could be said for the OpenPCD. Although at least I
know that OpenPCD will unfortunately work with something like Debian or
Slackware as a last resort. If I can get the hardware to work with OpenBSD
it'll just be a case then afterwards of getting librfid to work. At the
moment I'm trying to get the Omnikey 5121 to work while I await the OpenPCD
reader. It is not going well as one might imagine.

ATB,
Conor.