I don't think you really want to be removing and re-adding tens of
thousands of /var/db/spamd entries from a network-based blacklist
once an hour.

How would I handle the hosts that have been dynamically blacklisted during the computer's uptime if I have to reboot it?

Dynamically, what do you mean, by greylisting? They *are* in /var/db/spamd
as TRAPPED entries. Same for whitelisted entries (spamd-white).

Please correct me if I have got the basic concepts wrong but this is how I understand it.

Blacklisting.
Blacklists are initially read from spamd.conf and those lists are refreshed by spamd-setup once every hour or whatever you set the cron job to. These are not my concern. Spammers not included in those blacklist will connect to me and will be unknown to spamd at their first connect. They will be greylisted and if they _don't_ try to resend the same mail again within 4 hours they will be blacklisted. The practical difference seems to be minor though. Greylisted hosts are stuttered for 10 seconds while blacklisted hosts are stuttered indefinetely. Those "dynamically" added hosts, added outside the static blacklists, I would like to save them so I can blacklist them immediately after next reboot without having them go through greylisting again.

Whitelisting.
Greylisted hosts that _do_ resend their mail within 4 hours will be automatically whitelisted and put in <spamd-white>. Mail-servers contacted by me, as logged by pf, will be whitelisted immediately and put in <spamd-white>. I would like to save those entries too, so those hosts won't have to go through greylisting again either after a reboot.

It's maybe not a big deal since all hosts will get their true status pretty quickly again I guess. It just feels logically correct to keep their status across a reboot.

Regards
Morgan