* Marco Fretz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-08-13 09:31]:
> Ok, ok. What I said was what Cisco says

as in, lies, lies, lies.
They call it "marketing".

> Cisco hardware is much more reliable than PCs

I can't second that. Cisco and good PC hardware are en par ime.
The whole system, Cisco + IOS vs PC-Server + OpenBSD - the latter is
ahead. Again, ymmv. I have had cisco routers crash upon typing "show
version".

> and the configuration is quite easy and structured.

what? that mess is nowhere near structured. It is not a config
language that was designed. It's an accident that happened.

> If you have the money buy Cisco Routers (or from similar vendors), if you
> have time and want to save some money use OpenBSD.

no. If you have the money get somebody clueful to set your OpenBSD
routers up.

If you actually do route amny Gigabit/s worth of traffic things get a
bit complicated, you might have to go for juniper then.

But cisco... pah humbug.

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de