Eheh,nice PR story -> Use Java and .NET and you will be safe :-)

Just reaction on part of topic,not whole.

-----Original Message-----

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sunnz

Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:49 AM

To: misc >> OpenBSD Misc

Subject: Does this look like SSP to you? (Vista)

Hi,

I am just curious, have Vista implemented something similar to Stack-Smashing
Protector as in OpenBSD's GCC?

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080811-the-sky-isnt-falling-a-look-at-a-new-vista-security-bypass.html

I don't really know that much, so I am just asking here... if those things can
be bypassed, would a same type of attack be threatening to OpenBSD systems?

Regards,

Sunnz.

--

This e-mail may be confidential. You may not copy, forward, distribute, or, use
any part of it. Note, this text has no effective legal binding on your part,

http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/