On Tuesday 19 August 2008 22:32:34 Nick Guenther wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:05 AM, Kostas Zorbadelos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 August 2008 11:58:34 Karl Sjodahl - dunceor wrote:

> > I should have included that in the first place :)
> >
> > As I can see I also have a 2,1 but I guess the Intel card is supported in
> > the Xorg intel driver...

OK, first the update.

I can very well see truetype anti-aliased fonts. I configured my xterm to use
a Microsoft Core Font and I can see the font clearly. However, any attempts
to use bitmap fonts so far have failed (I cannot see them on screen unless I
plug an external monitor in which case I can see them both in the external
monitor and the laptop's). For now, I will configure everything to use TTF
and also use fvwm as KDE has quite a few problems and does not work well
out-of-the box.

> You have a 2,1? How did you get it installed in the first place? The
> install kernel hangs for me. I got around that by putting the
> harddrive in a different computer, but I'm wondering if I missed an
> easier way.

I will try to document everything in a public url and when I do I will post
the link to the list. Generally, I have a dual boot setup (Mac OS X Leopard
and OpenBSD). I used Boot Camp assistant to create an empty partition. Then I
installed OpenBSD 4.3 from the CD using an external USB keyboard in the first
USB slot. After the installation was complete I modified boot.conf to use
GENERIC.MP kernel (the normal kernel does not work and I believe it has to do
something with the different ACPI handling in the MP kernel). Finally I use
the very good rEfit boot loader (http://refit.sourceforge.net/) to dual boot
the system. I guess someone could use rEfit and have only OpenBSD on the
laptop if that was  his wish -:)

> -Nick

Kostas