On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:03:11AM +0200, Guillermo Bernaldo de Quiros Maraver
Pedroche wrote:
> Hi guys, i have added one Matrox G450 in OpenBSD,
> and have enabled mgadrm in the GENERIC file, i build
> and install, and, when try to launch X, get the next
> error:

mgadrm is not enabled due to lack of testing.

For the record:

radeondrm and inteldrm are relatively stable (radeondrm has known issues
on two laptop IGP cards that I don't have and thus have difficulty
fixing). the others should work (I know ragedrm works, for example), but
haven't have much testing. If you want to try them, do so, contact me in
private, not on the list.

> Fatal server error:
> Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

Normally i'd ask you to help me debug this. However:

> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "VIA K8HTB Host" rev 0x01
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "VIA K8HTB AGP" rev 0x00
> pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
> vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Matrox MGA G400/G450 AGP" rev 0x85
> wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> agp at vga1 not configured
> mgadrm0 at vga1 Matrox G400/G450 (AGP)(0):couldn't find agp

That means it's broken anyway.

I do have an agp driver for that chipset, it's not commited since it
will conflict with iommu on amd64 since iommu uses the agp aperture.
We need to sort that out first.

If you want to play with it anyway, contact me off list. Then we'll see
if there are any other bugs in there.

-0-
--
Hoare's Law of Large Problems:
        Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get out.