On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Matthias Reim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:34:28 -0400
>> Von: "Nick Guenther" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> CC: misc@openbsd.org
>> Betreff: Re: Soundoutput Probs
>
>> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 6:53 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Hi all i am new to OpenBSD, installed it, and it looks very interesting,
>> i just have one problem... the Sound output.
>> > this is my card:
>> >
>> > # dmesg | grep ac97
>> > ac97: codec id 0x43585429 (Conexant CX20468 rev 1)
>> > ac97: codec features reserved, headphone, 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, No 3D
>> Stereo
>> > #
>> >
>> > this is my soundcard : Conexant Cx20468
>>

>> > what can i do? i tryed to mute / unmute all devices in gnome it seems
>> all ok, when i play a mp3 on Audacious, it shows the lines pumping.. looks ok
>> >

>> > sry for my bad english.
>> >

>> The very first thing you should do when diagnosing audio problems is
>> (just from the terminal, without running gnome or anything)
>> $ cat /dev/urandom > /dev/audio
>> and see if you get sound
>>
>> -Nick
> Hello Nick, thank you for the response, i tryed that, but i dont get a sound.
> what can i do next? sound is working using a knoppix / backtrack liveCD .
> something goes wrong for me.
> --

Okay so then your problem is indeed at the OpenBSD-level.

Sometimes the problem is that the sound is there but it's too quiet to
notice. I notice you have a outputs.extamp=off, perhaps turning it on
would help?

I don't know. The only thing you can really do here is try toggling
every option you see until it works. Sorry I can't help any better.
-Nick