On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 9:17 AM, Samuel Proulx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been using obsd as my primary desktop for a while now and i have a
> question about the sound system , is there a way to play
> two sounds at the same time ? Example watching youtube videos with opera and
> playing some music in the background with mpd or xmms .
> thank you for your time  ; )

Hey Samuel,

Somehow I missed seeing this message of yours:
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openbsd-misc/2007/10/31/374006
that's disappointing to me because I reaaaally want to get mpd to
route through esd, but if I change my config file from

audio_output {
       type                    "ao"
       name                    "Libao Audio Device"
}

audio_output {
        type                    "ao"
        driver                 "esd"
        name                    "esd"
}

I get `"esd" is not a valid ao driver at line 112`

I also tried
$ cat /etc/libao.conf
default_driver=esd

but it doesn't run esd. So did you get it working? And if so: how?

-Nick