* Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-10-07 15:16]:
> On 2008-10-07, Christophe Rioux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> # pfctl -f pf.conf
> >> pfctl: failed to create table __automatic_e11ee055_282 in :
> >> Cannot allocate
> >> memory
> >> pfctl in free(): error: chunk is already free
> >> Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> that's a PF ruleset optimizer bug. I think it was fixed after 4.3
> but without a copy of your pf.conf (ideally reduced to the minimum
> that shows the fault) we can't test this, so you'd have to try it
> with newer pfctl code.

oh I totally missed that this is on 4.3...
on 4.4, the pool_gets are PR_WAITOK and thus the backend allocator
does have a chance to run and this should just work.

despite an optimizer bug, but I don't remember any really (doesn't
have to say much tho)

> > Which value do I need to change so that it can work without problems ?
> workaround:
> set ruleset-optimization none

yes, ruleset-optimization, not just optimization as I wrote earlier

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de