It's encapsulating interface for ipsec traffic

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=enc&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html

Vivek Ayer wrote:
Hey folks,

So having successfully installed OpenBSD on my lab's Sun Blade
Workstation, I started to configure the network. The blade workstation
had two ethernet ports, gem0 and enc0. gem0 is the gigabit PCI
adapter, but enc0 is not like a traditional network card. What exactly
is it? Having seen two network ports, I was hoping to add redundancy
to the system with CARP/pfsync with a crossover cable. I can even set
an IP address on the enc0; does that mean it can function as a regular
network adapter?

On a related note, if enc0 is actually for something else, I have a
bunch of gigabit PCI ethernet cards, but these aren't Sun PCI. Is
there a workaround for this? (I actually haven't seen the PCI ports
inside the Sun yet).

Thanks,
Vivek
Excited about 4.4 Release!!!