I have tried doing a route-to rule but it makes no difference, I set it up like this:

pass in quick on $ext_if route-to { ( $int_if (IP of host in DMZ ) } from any to (IP of host in DMZ)

But my router still does not pass the packets onto the host in the DMZ, I haven't tried a reply-to rule but I would have thought that the route-to rule should tell the router to pass all packets with the destination (IP of host in DMZ) on to (IP of host in DMZ).

For example even when this route-to rule is active and I try to ping a host in the DMZ from the outside net, it gets no further than the routers ext_if

It seems that any packet that comes into ext_if destined for any IP in the DMZ does not get any further, even with route-to rule, which I don't think is needed as all of the hosts are in the router's routing table and are on the same network as the router.

Thanks,

Charlie

Daniel Anderson wrote:
Instead of giving you the obligatory "man pf.conf" reply, I will do one better and reference an old reply I posed to the list with a sample pf.conf where someone asked basically the same thing. I omitted the part that matters in this example conf, but explain what you need to insert to get it to fly.

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=120665186412690&w=2

It all can be found under the man page on searching for reply-to or route-to.
This worked for me, so if anybody has got a more elegant means of doing it they should post.