Dna Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 04:07:19AM -0700, J.C. Roberts spisal(a) :
>On Tuesday 28 October 2008, Girish Venkatachalam wrote:
>> On 08:49:13 Oct 28, ico wrote:
>> > Hello gents,
>> >
>> > I did configure my old box with serial console probably 2 y ago.
>> > Now I'd like to get it back to normal. I don't have null modem
>> > cable available.
>> > What needs to be changed?
>> >
>> > I already tried without success:
>> >
>> > echo "" > /etc/boot.conf
>> > or
>> > set tty pc0
>> >
>> > but I'm still not able to get login on display.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?
>>
>> Your /etc/ttys should have the line:
>>
>> tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt100   on  secure
>>

>> -Girish
>
>Actually, you've got it backwards. The line you posted is to enable the
>serial console. The original poster already has serial enabled, but now
>wants to disable it. The correct line in /etc/ttys would be:
>
>       tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown off
>
>The details of setup are in the FAQ-7
>http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq7.html#SerCon
>
>-JCR

Yes sir, I'm reading FAQ first. I know I enabled in /etc/ttys
console line, but you know, all I have when it's booting is only few
commands. Like echo and set tty and stty. Then it starts
booting and my monitor shows me "no signal".
I'm not sure, how could I modify /etc/ttys to replace existing
console line with "unknown off". Except maybe mounting disk elsewhere.

As you see, I was not very successful with my set tty commands. If it's
possible to do it this way it would be great.

--

   ico