* Kapetanakis Giannis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [081029 15:32]:
> Hi all,
>
> First I'd like to give my congrats to all OpenBSD dev team.
> The last time I used it was back in 2.5 release.
>
> I decided to check it out again when an old alpha came in my hands recently,
> which was ideal running particular services (replacement for an RS6000
> that died).
> I also installed it today on a newer PA-RISC 8600 (smp is not yet there
> but I can live :)
>
> It's simplicity, efficiency, maturity and the logic of the whole project
> made another happy sysadm (the rms thread in this list also contributed
> to this....omg :))
> Well done again! (I needed to say this)
>
> And a few quick questions since I haven't found relevant info online:
>
> a) for how long each release is being supported in terms
> of security patches (as well as important updates) after a new release
> is out?
> This applies for the i386 only or all the archs?

Short answer: the two most current releases are supported.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html

Applies to all archs.

> b) if the userland (make build in /usr/src) updating is forced to stop,
> how can you continue from the point it's stopped.

make should be able to figure out what's built and what's not.  Try
another make build and see, or go conservatively with make clean,
depend, and build to start from scratch.

> c) I choosed to follow the -stable release OPENBSD_4_3. What happens
> when I update my sources with cvs up? Do I have to rebuild the whole thing
> again from scratch or does it detect  the new diffs and
> compiles/installs there only?

Your question implies some unfamiliarity with the build tools and
process.  I recommend studying FAQ 5 as well as these:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html
http://www.openbsd.org/stable.html

> Are there any other working options available?

snapshots, as described in FAQ 5.

> I don't want to make a mess by playing with make args.
>
> regards,
>
> Giannis

Good luck!

Jim