Hi all,

I want to help get the HP Proliant sensors working with OpenBSD.

I work with several non-profit organizations and so, as a group, we
have gotten some HP Proliant G3 servers.  12 of them.  They are nice
and cheap (being 2 years old) and have proven to be quite a reliable
unit so far.  We have OpenBSD on 6 of these.

However, I can't get much data out of them.  The two scary things that
I want to handle is getting temperature data of the system and also
alerts / notifications of failing RAID sets.

I have two units that are not being used right now (one DL360 G3 and
one DL380 G3) and I could put both of these on the Internet with an
ILO connection to it (provides console access and ability to reboot
the unit remotely, access the BIOS etc) with OpenBSD 4.4 on it if
anyone is interested in playing with it to help get this implemented.
I would love to help and if a developer feels like diving in and doing
some work on it, I should be able to gather some funds or goods
together to help pay for the trouble.

The servers and myself are in Sydney Australia FWIW.

>From what I know, there are hpasm drivers for FreeBSD available that
might be able to be ported across.  The FreeBSD RAID drivers do detect
RAID set changes in the units and log to syslog these changes which I
can capture and raise SNMP traps with.  This might be a good place to
start.

However, unfortunately, my knowledge of C is no where near the
ballpark of coding system drivers, though I would love to learn.

If anyone is interested, please email me on or off list.  Your choice.

Mikel Lindsaar