On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:37:06 -0600
"Neal Hogan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been running -current via snapshots and have had odd glxgears
> output between the 10/28 snap and 11/02 snap. Back on the 10/02
> version I was getting 1000-1300 fps. On the 11/02 version I get
> 100-130 fps. It's not a huge deal for me at this point since I'm not
> too much of a gamer and have no need to watch movies on  my laptop. I
> just found it odd and thought you'd like to know . . . on behalf of
> those who possess the above interests.

While I have noticed the following on undeadly but must have missed it
on the mailing lists:

"Mesa 7.2 defaults to sync-to-vblank for intel chips in an attempt to
avoid "tearing" in the display. In this mode, OpenGL drawing is
synchronised to the refresh rate of your monitor and thus is capped at
that rate. If for some reason this bothers you, you may circumvent this
by either setting 'vblank_mode=0' in your environment or use driconf
(in ports) to configure this option."

Might be relevant.

http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20081104235706&mode=expanded&count=4

// nick