Jordi Espasa Clofent schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> As post subject says, it's a clear question ?Is it softraid(4) ready for
> a production system?
> I have to build a authentication (with OpenLDAP) system and I want to do
> it with OpenBSD; I absolutely tust on Marco's good job, but I must to
> know if softraid(4) is ready for a real and critical production system.
>
> I've used softraid(4) solution in the past without problems, but I think
> softraid(4) it's better designed and coded, so the logical way is trust
> on it.

If it is that critical wouldn't it be better to have two "simple" ldap
server and replicate with slurpd.
You know: keep the systems simple. This remember me on the discussions
on having raid in a firewall and the answer is ever use carp and make it
redundant.
So I suggest: use slurpd and make it redundant ;-)

guido