On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, David Gwynne wrote:

On 08/12/2008, at 8:36 PM, Alexander Hall wrote:

Heh. I'm so used to almost every disk nowadays attaching as sd (sata, usb, raid stuff) so I get both nostalgic and a bit uncomfortable when disks (mainly CF's) show up as wd0. Kinda floppy disk feeling. :-)

heh.

one day everything that talks ata (including cf cards and old wdc stuff) should all sit under atascsi and appear as sd(4). i would love it if someone could spend the time reworking the code to make it happen.

Are the ATA features, normally accessible with atactl(8), supported in any way for SATA disks appearing as sd(4) disks? I do not know if smartctl from ports work for them, too.

I have only SCSI, ATA and USB disks currently.

Regards,
David