Hi,

In <http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=123005920715662&w=1>,
Steve Andre' wrote
> Most if not all T series are good choices.  Newer and faster, but cost
> more.  A 1.6G P mobile can be had for $400 - $500; possibly less these
> days.  The T43 can be a little weird with disks, coming up with a bios
> error message at boot time for certain disks, but otherwise works.
>
> The T60p is a great machine, and has complete support (minus winmodem)

However, in <http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=123004619127711&w=1>,
Dan Harnett wrote
> You should note, none of the newer ThinkPad machines support standby,
> suspend, or hibernation under OpenBSD.  I don't know if that is
> important to you.  The X3x/X4x/R5x/T4x series machines would be the most
> recent ThinkPads to support that at this time.

Ouch!  I have run OpenBSD on a T43 and two T41p-s for several years
with excellent results (including working APM & suspend-to-RAM).
I'm currently shopping for a replacement (used/reconditioned)
Thinkpad following a back-to-back pair of T41p screen failures :(.
Given my problems with gdb stack tracebacks on i386 gcc4 executables
<http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=123052182305592&w=1>, I had
hoped to move to an amd64 model, but lack of suspend-to-RAM would
be a killer.

So... can anyone with a {T60,T60p,T61,T61p} clarify specifically
* your exact IBM model number?
* whether it's APM or ACPI?
* whether it's i386 or amd64?
* what OpenBSD version you're using?