Laurent CARON wrote:
Hi,

I'm about to get my own AS to be able to get good redundancy from 2 ISP (Fiber + DSL).

Since a cisco solution is not really cheap i'm wondering how a similar solution could run on OpenBSD.

Requirements:
- Load balancing
- Failover
- Throughput (i know we should talk in pps...): 20Mb/s (soon to expect 50Mb)
- Rock solid solution

Do you think an openBGP/openBSD solution is viable considering those requirements ?

Thanks

Laurent,

I invite you to google and read through the misc@ archives, where this question has been rehashed a million times. The short answer is yes; read the documentation. I, and many others use OpenBSD in [very] high-traffic, redundant, and often times complex network environments.

If you read through this *entire* thread, it should answer nearly all of your questions with regards to the capabilities of OpenBSD:
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=121581561216571&w=2
... though any remaining questions have probably already been asked and answered before in the archives.

If, after reading all of the documentation you are still not able to or confident in your ability to implement or manage an OpenBSD-based network infrastructure to support your company's needs there are a number of folks that can provide commercial support, many of which either lurk on this list or are listed here:
http://www.openbsd.org/support.html

Best regards
-Tico