On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 3:42 AM, Michael Mdder <m...@moik.org> wrote:
> I am using 4.4 (updated from 4.3) and have a problem with the localhost.

It's obvious from your dmesg that, umm, nevermind.

It's clear from the steps you took when updating that, uh, nope.

> Trying to ping localhost gives my an error: host unreachable
>
> Comparing with a fresh BSD installation I remarked that the following
> routing entry is missing:
>
> route add -inet 127.0.0.1/32 127.0.0.1
>
> Even after a reboot this is missing. Does anybody has a hint, why?

That route is added automatically when the loopback address is
initially assigned its address and brought up.

Since you didn't give any actual data, I'll guess that your update
procedure was broken such that your kernel and userland don't match,
probably giving you a -current kernel with -stable userland.  Pick one
and use it for both.

Philip Guenther