On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:08:30AM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> sorry for the delay.  can you see if this fixes the problem?
>
> something of a guess, but the addition of S/PDIF support is the only
> change that fits the timeline of when it was working and when
> the problem started.  (and if you look at ac97.c just a few lines down
> from this patch, you'll see the XXX-is-this-right? comment I added
> when bringing in S/PDIF support from NetBSD ...)

Yep, I see the comment, and I agree that it sure sounds like something
that could cause the problem that I experience.

My off-list reply to Jacob:

Hi and thanks for remembering me :-)

Unfortunately, it does not fix the problem. I'm still able to reproduce
the faulty situation (high pitched noise together with the music,
continueing after the music has been stopped) using mpd and mplayer.

Martin