I know this is more of a general 'huh' kind of thing, but I figured someone
could kick start my brain for me. Anyone know why this doesn't work? It
appears to find the files ok but the -exec part thinks it can't?

spider:/var/log# find . -name "daemon.*.gz" -exec "echo {}" \;
find: echo ./daemon.2.gz: No such file or directory
find: echo ./daemon.1.gz: No such file or directory
find: echo ./daemon.5.gz: No such file or directory
find: echo ./daemon.4.gz: No such file or directory
find: echo ./daemon.3.gz: No such file or directory
find: echo ./daemon.0.gz: No such file or directory