I'd try manually changing the interface media type just in case it's that. I've seen odd things happen if you have it autodetect compared to manually setting it to 100mbTX full duplex... (and vice versa)

Then I'd look at cables, try switching out the network card for another, that sort of thing.

ifconfig vr0 media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex

Change vr0 to whatever your network card is.

Also I'm assuming you're not using PPPOE - if you are try setting the maximum mtu size in your pf.conf file...

scrub out on pppoe0 max-mss 1440

anyway - if it's neither of these then we'll need more info on what your set up is. A dmesg would also help.