On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 09:57:26AM -0500, Chris Ditri wrote:
> So I am not misconfigured, I'm just not set up to receive this sort of
> communication...

Snippet from your own message headers.

>         by shear.ucar.edu (8.14.3/8.14.3) with ESMTP id n0TEvXXr014459
> (version=TLSv1/SSLv3
>         cipher=DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=FAIL) for
> <misc@openbsd.org>; Thu, 29 Jan 2009
>         07:57:34 -0700 (MST)

As you can see, "verify=FAIL" when your server was communicating with
the list server.  It neither stopped delivery of your message, or
prevented it from being encrypted.

If you know the recipient or sender address, then you should be able to
find the info you're looking for.  Just use grep to search your sendmail
logs.  Once you find a related bit, you can track the related log pieces
using the message ID.  If that comes up blank, then you could start
looking for other information like Dell's SPF records (host -t txt
dell.com), or spamd and other filters.