* tico <tico-o...@raapid.net> [2009-01-29 18:53]:
> The only time I've had a session get "hung down" is once or twice when
> running 4.3 and having made several bgpd.conf changes and issuing
> "bgpctl reload" several times -- I believe it was regarding changing an
> MD5 secret but I can't remember for sure. Either way, I eventually
> restarted bgpd at that time and the sessions came right up, and I
> haven't seen that behavior occur again after I upgraded to 4.4, but YMMV.

it is still there. I just reproduced and found the root cause two days
ago. there is a bug in the ipsec stack (that handles tcpmd5 on
openbsd), it is not in bgpd. basically, removing the SAs and re-adding
them quickly - as bgpd does when going through idle - fails the
re-addition. it is beeing looked into.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de