On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 04:52:55PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2009-01-29, Toni Mueller <openbsd-m...@oeko.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, 10.01.2009 at 12:11:03 -0600, tico <t...@raapid.net> wrote:
> >> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/bgpd/rde.c
> >
> > looking at CVS, it seems that multiple patches are needed, right?
> >
> > And we get the joy of threading them together ourselves, understanding
> > OpenBGPd's code in the process... maybe.
>
> This should work, but I run -current everywhere, I have no 4.4 boxes
> to test it on.
>
> Incidentally this looks like the same approach suggested by the
> draft RFC4893bis

I just glanced over it and I'm very unhappy with the direction they're
taking. It is not what we do and IMO trying to fiddle out bad path
attributes and still use the crippled rest smells like routing loops
comming soon to a network near you.
Bad prefixes should not get redistributed this will also ensure that only
the originator of the problem is affected.

--
:wq Claudio