(private) HKS wrote:
> Without -r things work just fine, but the shittiest ftp client I have
> to test this is Windows 2003's native. What clients are known to
> require the -r flag?

I think I implemented -r for someone with an old VMS system.

Most FTP clients work fine, don't use -r unless you're sure you need it.

Is there some documentation floating on the web that suggests -r?  I
think the manpage pretty much discourages usage:

     -r      Rewrite sourceport to 20 in active mode to suit ancient clients
             that insist on this RFC property.

--
Cam