As Hannah said you need to run
X -configure
before adjusting the resulting file (and before moving
it to the location mentioned).

You might want to run
find / -name X -exec ls -l {} \; 2> /dev/null
to find out which man page to look for
(unfortunately, it is not just man X).

X related man pages are somewhat overwhelming, though.

If you want to save some time or prefer printed information
then you might want to grab a copy of "X POWER TOOLS".

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
f|r nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a