hi folks,
after several useless attempts to get this running, i decided to ask for help.
I am running 4.4 on my Lenovo T61 Laptop with X11 installed and gnome
as desktop environment.
Both are running fine, the only thing is I am missing the horizontal
scrolling function of my touchpad, that scrolls your documents by just
moving your finger along the right edge of your touchpad.

I found some advisories for Linux saying:
add the following lines to your Xorg.conf

 Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Touchpad"

Option  "VertTwoFingerScroll"   "1"
Option  "HorizTwoFingerScroll"  "1"
        EndSection

As X11 runs in my case without an Xorg.conf file, I created one myself
and added the lines shown above.
Now X11 crashed and I am insecure if this is the right way of getting
nearer to my goal.
Has Somebody successfully used edge scrolling or is this impossible
because of gnome?

Thank you in advance

Moritz