Claudio Jeker wrote:
On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:51:12PM +1100, Graeme Lee wrote:
Graeme Lee wrote:
Graeme Lee wrote:
tico wrote:
Graeme Lee wrote:
tico wrote:
Graeme Lee wrote:
<<snip>>
Ok forget bgp configs for a minute. I've been quickly scanning over the code, and notable is that the log displays:

Feb 9 13:00:15 gw-nextgen bgpd[17223]: send_rtmsg: action 1, prefix 2001:7fb:fe07::/48: Network is unreachable

but shouldn't it be a send_rt6msg call in kroute.c?

Yes. The waning message had the wrong function name in it.

well I was looking at least.
On a hunch, I tried a 64bit and a 32 bit machine with 1 prefix each. The 32bit machine adds routes to the kernel without complaint. The 64bit machine complained with send_rtmsg....

Arrg. IPv6 is once again broken by design. For some ridiculous reason
struct sockaddr_in6's size is 28 bytes. So IPv6 fucks up alignment on 64 bit
archs. All hail link local addressing and all the crappy workarounds
needed for it.

Please try the attached diff.

You are altogether a legend.  I now have the full ipv6 table in the kernel.