I see what you're saying.  I was wondering how MITM would work too, and I
just assumed there was some magic built into relayd.

I don't actually want to modify the headers and stuff, I really just want to
forward the traffic like a load balancer.  I just followed the example for
setting up an http relay and assumed that setting up an https relay was
almost the same.  I'll try using a regular tcp relay.  Thank you.
Kevin