> :Amen to backups, but why trust some company far away to handle things?
> :How do you know your data is in good hands, and that they won't slip up
> :let others see it?  I won't mention the concept of the place going under,
> :financially.
> :
>
> at one job we rented a PO Box, and drove the tapes there on our way home
> from work.  Since stealing from the Post Office was a Federal Offense,
> it was somewhat safe.

Interesting use for a PO box.  You can also rent a safety deposit box,
and there are companies that store media for off site backups.
These are off site, but not very far off site.  Think Katrina scale
disaster.  Several hundred miles away would be better.  Which involves
either shipping media or having a T1 line.  And you'd want this to
have serious encryption in any case.

> Worst Vegetable of the Year:
>       The brussels sprout.  This is also the worst vegetable of next
>       year.
>               -- Steve Rubenstein

Lima beans are far worse than brussel sprouts.  Yeeck.
Brussel sprouts can actually be good if prepared properly.