Hi guys,

Because I believe OpenBSD's apache is chrooted, it's causing problems
with texvc parsing stuff.

When I debug mediawiki, I look at the call function and this is what I get:

#
#TeX: ./math/texvc './uploads/tmp' './uploads/tmp' 'E=mc^2' 'UTF-8'
#TeX output:
#
#

'./uploads/tmp' was actually previously /mediawiki/uploads/tmp, which
makes no sense under chrooted apache so I set the variable
$wgTmpDirectory to './uploads/tmp'. However, I still get no output. If
I run texvc manually, it works just fine and I get a .png at the end,
but when apache runs texvc, something seems to go wrong.

When Math.php is called in mediawiki, what's the working directory.
I'm guessing ./math/texvc './uploads/tmp' './uploads/tmp' 'E=mc^2'
'UTF-8' returns no output because ./math/texvc is not really taking me
to /var/www/mediawiki/math/texvc, which would mean ./uploads/tmp is
also incorrect.

Please help me debug this. I really wish texvc would be replaced by
somethng else. It's too complicated. There's an alternative at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Texvc_PHP_Alternative and I tried that,
but it said latex couldn't be found even though I changed the
directory to /usr/local/bin/latex in that Math.php file

If someone could just test mediawiki on their OpenBSD box to see if
they got LaTex to work, that would a big help. I'd be willing to
document all this steps on the mediawiki so someone in the future
doesn't have to go through all this trouble I'm going through.

Thanks,
Vivek