On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:34:38AM -0500, Marco Peereboom wrote:
> What happens here is that the bios lies and tells us to write a value to
> some register and nothing happens.  We have debugged several of these
> machines and all to the same avail; we are doing it right but nothing
> happens.

Do people have success powering off such machines with other
open source operating systems? If so, we could check to see
if they have a magical quirk that fixes this.

I'll try powering off my x60s with Linux later, I think I still
have a USB key somewhere that boots into Linux.

Anyone else?

> Maybe it is an idea to complain to the vendor.

For policital reasons, yes.

Except if it turns out eventually that we do have a bug on our side.
Then we look stupid...

Stefan