> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 02:13:35PM -0500, Aaron Martinez wrote:
>> I'm running 4.4 Stable on i386 hardware and was wanting to make a
>> release.
>>
>> I was reading through the release man page and noticed it said a GENERIC
>> kernel is included with the release.  I'm just wondering if there is a
>> way
>> to include or replace the generic kernel with a modified kernel.  The
>> only
>> change i'm making is adding NTFS read support.
>
> I'm a little unclear; are you talking about release(8), or just having
> a kernel with NTFS support?

yes, release(8).  So at the beginning of the release, i update my sources,
rebuild the kernel, with the one mod for ntfs support, rebuild userland
and then do a release.  I'm wondering if there is any way to get the ntfs
enabled kernel into the "release".

could i just copy my running /bsd /bsd.rd and /boot files into the reldir
and create my release cd to install that way?

Thanks again.

Aaron